What are some your guys's projects you have done???

I'd really like to see some projects you have done and explain what equiptment n software

if Youtube could hold it would put some stuff on there. I can put some comercial prductions up i guess! Give me some time and i will
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

use divx stage 6 so you dont have to downsize the quality as much as youtube

youtube, the whole video cant be more than 100mg

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately my recent "projects" are all work-related, i.e. content for one of the TV channels I have worked for. There's not much to show - they just look like TV programs. Also I don't own copyright for them.

I've done a bunch of personal projects that I'm quite proud of but they are old and don't stack up well against today's technology (read: I'm too embarrassed to show you them).

Starting later this year I'm going to get my local community video project going again. I think that will be useful for demonstrating processes and equipment as we will be using low-budget suites at local schools. I think this is more useful than showing how I use an OB truck to make sports programs since that's not what most people can emulate at home.

FWIW the local videos I've been making are done with a Sony HVR-Z1P, Sennheiser mics, edited with Adobe Master Collection. I will do my best to put some of them on line here when I can.

If anyone would like to showcase their work at mediacollege.com it can be arranged. However I'd like to keep it fairly professional, and it would be good if you could provide some information about the background of the project, production details, etc (so it's useful for learners).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

The exerpts that I put in some time back are done by students with less than a wk's training and supervision from the team: http://www.syfc.org.sg/ministries/me...vid_projs.html

Haven't been doing much on my own in the recent years due to work.

We've been shooting and editing for a music and drama program (with a fair bit of media, IE video) for our 50th anniversary thanksgiving program for the last 3 months.. I'll see if I can put those up...

Dave, just curious, are you more keen on a display of techniques and technicalities over aesthetics?
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Blog Entries
    Quote: nagar
    Dave, just curious, are you more keen on a display of techniques and technicalities over aesthetics?
    No, I think aesthetics are just as important as the technical aspects.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Okie I'm glad to hear that

There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Just remember that if you don't have most of the technical aspects down, you won't be capturing any aesthetics, so it might not matter. This is one of the things I try to remind people working of. They need to make the piece, make it technically correct, and make it pretty. It can only go on air if 1 and 2 are done, 3 is optional but no one will like it if that isn't done. You can't go on air with something pretty but not technically correct.
    In other words: if your tape lacks bars and tone, don't be surprised if the colors are off and no one can hear the audio.
    Note that things like this tend to only matter for to-air and mass produced (even on a small scale) items. A piece that you are making for showing in a theatre where you are there can fly out of spec, since you are there to correct for it
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Another New Member
    This is my first post to mediacollege. until three years ago, I only did video for personal use, mostly family stuff. we would shoot footage all your, and make a Christmas video to give out as gifts, dubbing music over scenes (in example a trip to San Franscisco with the song city sidewalks). three years ago My retirement age mother wanted her cake decorating skill archived on film to show grandkids later. I had access to a pair of sony trv-340, and we went to work. we decided to make it an instructional video. the entire thing was shot on the dining room table. ever try to film cake icing with 3000 watts of lights in the room to make a cheap camera look reasonable? we are now working on our fourth video( still using the same cameras), and trying to learn different ways to market them. the entire thing was done in house, from filming, editing, producing, burning discs, and printing covers. so far they have only been marketed on ebay, and sales are a little over $10,000 net on the three videos since we started. I am now looking for ways to upgrade, and trying to make video a full time job. I am going to start doing wedding videos to try to make a living until I can produce enough of my own works to live on. I had built a nice computer for some audio work I had done, a p4 3.6ghz 4 gb ram over a tb of hard drives now

I'm probably going to make myself look like a joke putting this up here, but I entered the Eureka Prizes with five of my friends, Sleek Geeks Schools Prize, and we ended up being one of four finalists in Australia (and then came fourth, lovely ). It's really not so crash-hot technical-wise, but I don't mind it so much for an experiment. We did a four-hour shoot and a day and night of what I like to call sleep-editing (that bit where you're asleep bit still dragging things across the timeline). And then, of course, it was ten seconds over our 3 minute max (but I reckon that was a pretty close estimate by us scriptwriters). Funny how taking ten seconds off can make it look overly-rushed and completely botched, but hey, gotta play by the rules!

You can watch it here http://www.abc.net.au/science/sleekgeeks/eureka/2007/

It's the Periodic Playground, although I wish I could say it was the Alchemy one (it's so great it makes me drool). Shows the difference between careful planning and shooting over two months, and hearing about the comp at the last minute and running around like a headless chicken to get it done.

I won't go on about equipment right now, I've rambled too much already :P