Conversion Format

Hi

I'm new to this domain.
    I'm doing streaming video project. What is the tools to convert avi to .mp4 file format for allow streaming for free download under windows? I try to use .avi file but it does not show the video, only audio heard. Is this because of avi format?
    If I want to convert avi to mp4, how is the setting file to use (eg frame rate, bit size etc)

Thanks

Hi Nma

You should seriously consider using Dave's Player and Flash files. The quality is excellent and the file size is easy to handle to.

You will find a link on the Media Player Forum for the player. To give you an idea of how well it works take at look at my own site below which was standard MPEG2 video encoded to Flash at 512kbs

http://www.softweigh.com/biz/

The whole package is an awesome method of presenting online video!!

Chris

Blog Entries
    Super is a pretty good all-round converter, largely because all the codecs are built in. It's free. The interface is a little quirky but it's okay once you get used to it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    Super is a pretty good all-round converter, largely because all the codecs are built in. It's free. The interface is a little quirky but it's okay once you get used to it.

Yes
    Ihave been using Super too. The interface was not really nice but it work for converting.
    When I want to convert from avi to mp4 for streaming, I choose frame size 350x240 and the bit rate 1500 kbs ..does it ok for streaming purposes?

Blog Entries
    350x240 is an unusual size. 320x240 or 360x270 would be more common, but there's nothing inherently wrong with using 350x240. As long as the video looks as it should.

1500kbps is pretty high - that will only work for people with a very fast internet connection. My connection would struggle to keep up with it. If you're confident your audience can deal with that data rate it's fine, but for a general audience I'd be aiming for somewhere in the range of 250 - 500kbps. I usually try for 300 or less.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Try converter TuneCab. It converts audio and video files to almost all commonly used formats. You may set desired output file size

Sorry but that only looks like an audio converter, not video.
    I guess it says that it does convert video but I don't see a list of video formats.

TuneCab supports such file formats: wma, m4p, rax, mp3, wav, ogg, wmv, m4v, mov, aac, ra, aac, mp4, snd, aif, TiVo, flv, flac, audio books, any format Media Player supports, any format QuickTime Player supports, any format Rhapsody or RealPlayer supports.
    TuneCab Ultra converts video, including YouTube files