Hooking up a Vacuum Tube CD player

I recently bought an Ayon CD-1 vacuum tube cd player. On the back of the unit are XLR balanced outputs in addition to the standard RCA's. I would like to take advantage of using the XLR connections (I believe it promotes better sound?) but I am not sure how it hooks up to my Lexicon MC-8B pre-amp? I have XLR slots in the back of my Lex, but they are labeled for speaker channnels (I use most of them to tie in my Krell amp), but can I use these slots to also hook up the CD? There aren't any other xlr connections on the back of the Lex besides the ones I mentioned. If I cannot do this, I guess I will just use the best RCA's I can find and hook up that way. Does XLR to RCA (if they make such a cable?) make any sense?

Please help, I'll take any words of wisdom. I am just getting into high-end audio again and I'm a little out of touch with setting everything up.
    Thanks,
    Steve

The most sound quality would come from going digitally into there using spidf or toslink, whichever you use for digital doesn't really matter, it just gives a signal. Otherwize, use RCA. XLR to RCA would make no sense at all, because that would just degrade the quality by making it go unbalanced.

You could use a balanced cable run and put an XLR-RCA balun on the end with the RCA to maintain signal quality for the run, but if the equipment is relatively close and there isn't some source of electronic/RF noise in the immediate area, you should be fine with an unbalanced run.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler