pc preview window vs analog video monitor

Hi, guys! im new here. I captured an analog video (betacamSP format) to 3 different video editing software and i noticed the slight vertical black gap from the left side of my PC preview window. The setting is NTSC standard (720x486, 29.97fps). On my analog video monitor (underscan mode)connected directly from the VTR, the picture fills the full screen. Do you think it is a normal effect during digitizing? Due to compression?

Or, there is a difference between a pC preview window over the analog video monitor when it comes to screen size or aspect ratio?

Hi there. I work with PAL and the black gap is horizontal instead of vertical. But it has not affected my output in any way thus far.

As far as I know, screen size or ratio aspect is dependent on the build-up of your analogue/PC monitors. Most new ones have the options to switch between systems (PAL/NTSC) and also ratio aspects (4X3 or 16:9)
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Thank you sir for sharing your understanding about my screen problem. The reason why i posted this, i just want to know if im the only one experienced this kind of matter. Yes, your right. there's no problem with the output quality. Maybe, i wanted my analogue video look the same size even though it was digitized.

scanning

dear friend,
    the video display on the monitor of your computer is always progressively scan where as standard definition television system like pal or ntsc uses interlaced scanning. so it is better to see your video on television after editing or whatever you do on computer.

scanning

thank you srirsdeo for the enlightenment.

Also note that DV-NTSC is 720x480 with pixels of an 0.9 aspect, your computer monitor has a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio so it will not look truly 4:3 on your PC monitor.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Oops.. sorry I missed that out big time... Thanks srirsdeo. The editing system in my office is not exactly up to date and standard, so I recognize I have limitations to my answers.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Thank you all, guys!