Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    USA - in front of my computer (too much of the time)
    Quote: Dave
    And although I like your avatar just fine, I preferred Belana

I forgot! You would know who B'Elanna is...

I think she rocks. I'm an unabashed B'Elanna wannabe maybe in my next life

The problem is.. if you have never watched star trek (culturally deprivation here), then you wonder why Lynne has ridges in her forehead :P

so, she's back. I only put her up where she will be appreciated.

Do you watch Enterprise?

the scorpio tiger is the icon I use on my forums. it is my west/east sign. My friend did it for me. Notice the tail on the tiger...

Blog Entries
    I've seen the first season of Enterprise but network TV hasn't shown any more here. Very frustrating! I may have to wait until it comes out on DVD

Sorry for mis-spelling your alter-ego.

BTW, your owendot.com forum is looking great. But what's that www.schulerlab.com site in your profile here? It gives me a "timed out" error.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I've seen the first season of Enterprise but network TV hasn't shown any more here. Very frustrating! I may have to wait until it comes out on DVD
    bummer. My son and I watched all the Voyager episodes. That was when he was too young to realize star trek wasn't "it". Actually, a lot of the boys his age at the time (6th grade) watched it, I think because of 7 of 9.. LOL

He couldn't get into Enterprise, and I think the first season of a new series is when it is finding itself. He got into Stargate, which is more fantasy type science fiction. And he likes the Egyptian history that is intertwined in the story. But now they have a new series, Stargate Atlantis, I think, and he doesn't like it as much.

These networks. He likes something, and they go and change it!

The new season for Enterprise just started. I don't think you've missed much.

Golly... I've been watching star trek since I was a kid. Been on a long time.. Did you watch the original series?

Sorry for mis-spelling your alter-ego.
    Dave, I have to look up the spelling every time. It is an unusual name that could be spelled several different ways. Torres is easy.

BTW, your owendot.com forum is looking great. But what's that www.schulerlab.com site in your profile here? It gives me a "timed out" error.
    It is working for me, here. I don't know...
    try it again. maybe it was a network glitch. temporary, I hope.
    I need to do something with my own website. Kind of like the cobbler whose children have no shoes.

edited to remove picture of my son (don't want it in the search engines)

Quote: Harry
    Give it a test drive. If you see anything broke or insecure, please let me know.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/

CSS is giving me fits - trying to get a left column table installed.

-- Harry
    Hi, Harry. I registered on your new board, but it still won't let me post. Do I have to go out and get an engine to do this?

Anyway, the board looks nice. Looks like it is keeping you busy.

LYNNE:

Quote: Lynne
    Hi, Harry. I registered on your new board, but it still won't let me post. Do I have to go out and get an engine to do this?
    Did you get a system email asking you to clink a link to confirm your address? I see that you are a "Registered User" so you must have. That should give you a number of privileges. (I sent you a private message.)

Currently got PhPadsNew up and running - nightmare - but once done, it's done.

Now to work on getting a left side ad column for small banners and text.

DAVE:

One major question comes up: Since I have created an additional test board on my vb site, will these current threads and posts interfere with more WebBBS archive posts converting in?

Obviously, these interim posts have been numbered with the vb thread and post counters, so I'm looking to find out if this will upset the wagon. Can I add more archival posts to the same board as I converted before, or do they need to go to a "new" board?

It it apparent that ALL posts and threads on a vb system share the same counters.

-- Harry

Quote: Harry
    LYNNE:

Did you get a system email asking you to clink a link to confirm your address? I see that you are a "Registered User" so you must have. That should give you a number of privileges. (I sent you a private message.)

Currently got PhPadsNew up and running - nightmare - but once done, it's done.

Now to work on getting a left side ad column for small banners and text.
    Sorry.. yes, I did. I didn't get it till later. I was just about to go to bed, so I didn't post.

hey, I hope you let us know when you get it all set up. Sounds like it is going to be quite nice.

I am interested in the reaction of your members. How they like it, adjust to it, etc.

Blog Entries
    Sorry about the delayed reply, I have a habit of leaving my forums for days at a time

Lynne: I watched the original Star Trek series as a kid - it was what started my lifelong interest in space.
    I still can't get to www.schulerlab.com. I did a traceroute and copied the results below FYI.

Harry, I'm not sure about adding new posts but I suspect it may cause problems. I actually meant to ask you how you imported your messages into vB - did you import directly from WebBBS to vB? If so, how?

----------------------------
    tracert schulerlab.com
    Tracing route to schulerlab.com [207.44.246.83]:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.138
    2 53 ms 53 ms 55 ms 222-152-88-1.jetstream.xtra.co.nz [222.152.88.1]
    3 51 ms 52 ms 51 ms 210.55.205.123
    4 60 ms 60 ms 60 ms fid-int.tkbr4.global-gateway.net.nz [202.50.245.198]
    5 61 ms 62 ms 61 ms vlan-283.tkbr4.global-gateway.net.nz [202.50.245.197]
    6 60 ms 61 ms 61 ms g2-0-3.tkbr3.global-gateway.net.nz [202.37.245.140]
    7 185 ms 184 ms 184 ms 203.96.120.117
    8 187 ms 185 ms 186 ms so-1-3-0-0.pabr3.global-gateway.net.nz [202.37.245.230]
    9 186 ms 187 ms 185 ms ge6-0d132.IR1.PaloAlto-CA.us.xo.net [206.111.12.65]
    10 317 ms 185 ms 185 ms p5-0-0.RAR1.SanJose-CA.us.xo.net [65.106.5.173]
    11 230 ms 229 ms 230 ms p6-0-0.RAR1.Denver-CO.us.xo.net [65.106.0.22]
    12 229 ms 230 ms 230 ms p0-0-0d0.RAR2.Denver-CO.us.xo.net [65.106.1.74]
    13 244 ms 245 ms 243 ms p1-0-0.RAR2.Dallas-TX.us.xo.net [65.106.0.42]
    14 248 ms 248 ms 247 ms p0-0-0.MAR2.Houston4-TX.us.xo.net [65.106.4.206]
    15 248 ms 250 ms 248 ms p7-0.CHR1.Houston4-TX.us.xo.net [64.1.2.90]
    16 249 ms 250 ms 249 ms 64.245.101.54
    17 242 ms 241 ms 246 ms ivhou-207-218-223-116.ev1.net [207.218.223.116]
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Sorry about the delayed reply, I have a habit of leaving my forums for days at a time :roll:

Lynne: I watched the original Star Trek series as a kid - it was what started my lifelong interest in space.
    Ditto here. I think I must have read every science fiction book in my local library (there weren't a whole lot ). I was the only one of my friends that was interested in that kind of thing. But I have remained interested in space / science my whole life.

One of my first jobs, many many moons ago, was with a 3 person software company that did some programming to extend file capabilities of APL (A Programming Language - yes, this is what it really stood for ) I was very excited when NASA bought our package. I felt like I was at last a part of the space program (ok... a very teeny teeny tiny part... but still in there!!! )

I still can't get to www.schulerlab.com. I did a traceroute and copied the results below FYI.
    hmmm... no one on my forum has reported any problems and I have no problem getting to it.

But I will let John know. The WebJourneymen do the hosting for my site.

getting to schulerlab.com

John already answered me (boy, fast!)

he said:

Have him add the following line to his hosts file and see if it resolves the problem. Let me know either way.

207.44.246.83 schulerlab.com

-- John
    hope it works..

I don't have much there, though.

Like I said, it is the cobbler's children that have no shoes.. :P

Blog Entries
    No, that didn't help. I think my ISP knows where your domain is, it just can't get there. If it's not concerning your users then I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast