Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    USA - in front of my computer (too much of the time)

Harry, I really like your Memorial Page...

what a nice idea. I haven't seen this before...

http://www.enginads.com/memorial.cgi

edited to say:

I guess the subject doesn't show up that well for replies.

My subject line says: Harry, I really like your Memorial Page ...

Re: Harry, I really like your Memorial Page...

Quote: Lynne
    what a nice idea. I haven't seen this before...

http://www.enginads.com/memorial.cgi

Harry, I really like your Memorial Page ...
    Lynne, it was supposed to be great, but the main thing about a busy forum is that EVERYONE wants to post on the main board. I can't even get them to post their TEST messages on the TEST board, let alone use the memorial board when the occasion arises. They all want to be the center of attraction!

We are all moved from WebBBS into vbulletin! Threads: 18,257, Posts: 81,548, Members: 459 Well, almost all. Php runs under user:nobody so ISPs are dumping my board's registration confirmation email as junk mail. I'm investigating phpsuexec right now. I've run WebBBS under Perl with suexec and that sends out email under the user name of the site instead of nobody. I have 1125 user profiles in the WebBBS site.

My classified ad bords will no doubt stay on WebBBS unless I find some neat templates.

-- Harry http://www.smokstak.com

phpsuexec works! No more nobody. 8)

Dave,
    I sent you an email on Nov. 9. Just want to make sure you got it?
    Thanks

Got it working....

I got the webbbs converter working by playing around with the script.. Message counts was causing problems....

Anyways, I'm in the process of converting my 15 forums... On my third forum when I run the script to update the database I get this error. I have no idea how to fix it?

Also, can you confirm that each time I update the database I have to re-download the phpbb backup? My backup takes 20 mins at 400 kbs!

militarywoman /www/htdocs/convert# mysql -u root -p message < to_phpbb.sql
    Enter password:
    ERROR 1062 at line 2: Duplicate entry '7634' for key 1

Blog Entries
    Hi Howard, sorry that I haven't replied to your email yet. Unfortunately I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and I don't even have time to look after my own forums

Glad to hear you're making progress.

I don't think you have to download the whole backup every time you make changes.

I'm not sure about the "Duplicate entry" error though. It sounds like the error I was getting when I tried to import the same forum twice. I fixed it by clearing some of the tables in the new phpbb database. The thread I was discussing this at phpbb.com may have some useful information:
    http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1234837

To be honest I've gone off phpbb and I've been focusing on vBulletin, so I can't remember a lot of what I did with phpbb. That's not very helpful is it?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Progress?

Installed a new style - power blue.

This vBulletin packages has more levers and switches than a 747 jetliner!

Things are settling in - even the users are complaining less - all 882 of them!

This has been one hell of a project, but it IS the future and WebBBS is the past.

-- Harry

Blog Entries
    You're right about the control options for vB. It's quite daunting at first isn't it?

Anyway, you've done really well. Good on you.

I'm still popping in to see what's happening at WebBBS from time to time. As predicted.... nothing
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

USA - in front of my computer (too much of the time)
    Quote: Dave
    I'm still popping in to see what's happening at WebBBS from time to time. As predicted.... nothing :roll:
    yes, it is bad. the webbbs support forum is getting quieter and quieter.

I did get a note from webjourneymen (my host) saying Kevin will no longer be a part of webjourneymen as he wants to devote more time to webbbs.

IMO, I think it is bad that he never talks about the status of it. I'm sure he plans a big announcement when he releases the next version, but I am afraid hardly anyone will be left by the time that happens.

Blog Entries
    I think you've hit the nail on the head Lynne. I sense that Kevin expects the next version to be "worth the wait" and that it will revitalize the software. What he fails to appreciate is that the years they have spent stalling, keeping people in the dark and refusing to accept help has left them with no-one who cares. It breaks my heart.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast