Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    I was hoping that there was a plain vanilla version of that mod.

My old archives files are at http://www.enginads.com/extras/

I hate to take them down because the search engines have them, but it's tempting to do so. I have most main links redirected out of them to the new board anyway.

I'm still using a highly modded 5.12 version for classified ads and so far, so good with that. It's only a matter of time though.

All is well on vBulletin - over 101,000 posts now with 2700+ members and 30+ boards including classifieds.

USA - in front of my computer (too much of the time)
    Harry, it has been a while, but I think I have the writeups. If not, I have the version I modded along with the version before I modded it, so I could look to see what I did. Do you want me to send it to you?

oh my... I'm now a "senior" member.

hey, Dave.. I'm not that old!!

Quote: Lynne
    Do you want me to send it to you?
    Thanks for the offer Lynne. I was just checking to see if it was published for a look-see. I'm still stuck in the analysis of whether to leave the old files or simply remove them.

well, let me know if you decide you want the mod.

Blog Entries
    Quote: Lynne
    can you see my website now? Just wondering...
    Sorry I missed this before Lynne. Yes, I can see the site now
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

well, dang, I thought someone had picked up this topic again.. but it is just spam.. that internet kudzu.

Blog Entries
    No, sorry, just a wave of spam. We had over 1,000 spam messages posted on these forums in the last two days. I've had to disable guest posting to stop it. Some people just don't care how many other people's lives they make miserable

Anyway, hope all is well with you Lynne. How is the new WeBBS coming along?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    No, sorry, just a wave of spam. We had over 1,000 spam messages posted on these forums in the last two days. I've had to disable guest posting to stop it. Some people just don't care how many other people's lives they make miserable

Anyway, hope all is well with you Lynne. How is the new WeBBS coming along?
    It's coming along.. slowly, but surely. I'm working on a download manager (simple one).

Tarty and Rainer changed webbbs so that it will be standards compliant, and more efficient. We probably will be releasing it for testing, soon.

but it is.. an after work (like your real job) project. so.. kind of do when we can.

but I like what I've seen. You can take a look over at http://webbbs-team.org/

it is loaded on all the discussion boards. You can see what version is loaded at the top of the portal (home) page. or at the bottom of each forum page.

oh.. thought I would mention some things I forgot.

there is a stylesheet that, in essense, duplicates the webbbs "classic" look

and if you follow a default setup, you don't have to define so many variables. Makes it easier for the newbies. A lot of variables have been deprecated (like the font definitions). some cleanup was done.. but for a real cleanup, I'm afraid that webbbs needs to be rewritten from the ground up.

but this is definitely cleaner than before.

and knowing Tarty and Rainer, I'm sure there are some goodies in there that I don't know about