best software for converting pal to ntsc

good day! could you please help me regarding my problem about converting pal to ntsc? what do you think is the best software that i could use?
    thanks and more power to you guys.

Hi pdhel

Most NLE's will do the job for you by re-rendering the clip. I use Sony Vegas 7.0 and you simply set your project as NTSC, import your PAL clip and render to the NTSC format.
    You DO lose a bit of quality this way and the only really good way is to buy a PAL/NTSC hardware convertor that at least has a good Time Base Corrector in it as well but they are expensive.

The simplest way is thru your NLE software.

Chris

canopus dv storm2

sir good day can u give me an advice about using canopus dv storm2. i dont know how can i convert pal to ntsc using this software.

Hi

The Canpous website says that Storm is not sold any more, but others do say that you can "mix and match" media so if that's correct yes it will do it.

Simply capture some footage in PAL and make sure that you have the option in "Render" to save the file as NTSC (720x480) at 30fps

Chris

glider

video converter

Simpy use the Canopus Pro Coder.That's the easiest converter.user friendlly.

Quote: glider
    View Post
    Simpy use the Canopus Pro Coder.That's the easiest converter.user friendlly.
    Ha ha....you got banned. Looks like you should not have spent your first two posts spamming us.

on to the question. Do most video editing systems not do this for you? I have FCPHD and it will do this for me.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!