Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That just reminded me of something: When I have the moniter input from my card on, I get that noise. You have to go in to the propertys of your sound card and turn that off. Hope this helps.

I get the noise even when all levels are fully down.

Where is monitor input? Is there another phrase for it?

Quote: KB1PCI
    View Post
    I get the noise even when all levels are fully down.

Can you uncheck the option for the input moniter?

Quote: KB1PCI
    View Post
    Where is monitor input? Is there another phrase for it?

You go to all programs then Accessories then entertainment and then volume control. I think the moniter input is the last one there. Just uncheck the checkbox there, and you should be ok. Let me know if you have problums.

I was working on a response when ivan popped in. I'm not ignoring you, ivan, I just don't want to rewrite it.

Aha. (that was an even better question, about which input you are using). Line out to mic in. Not good. Impedance mismatch and loading. Both mixer and computer are protesting electronically. There is no practical way to make them compatable (by 'practical' I mean benifit outweighs hassle)..

Mixer line outputs are for driving other line inputs, not mic inputs. Ditch the mixer (there is probably nothing wrong with it, use it for something else) and get an external a/d interface, either usb or firewire. (I don't like to make product recomendations, but if budget is a problem look at an E-mu 0202 USB 2.0 for $130, or a Tascam US-122L for $150). I believe this to be the easiest, and best, if not cheapest, solution.
    Last edited by penniesfromheaven; 2nd Nov 2007 at 01:25. Reason: bunch of posts since I started this response
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

I still think it could be the moniter input.

Well, there is no monitor output, but there is a CD Audio control, a wave control, etc. Is it the CD Audio control? I mean, would the card be playing the audio as it is recording? Remember, I did not get the noise when I was plugged in direct with the mic, but the levels were so low they were unusable.

you are looking for something that says input moniter volume. Check the box next to it that says mute. Can you find that?

I don't know, ivan. He does't have a 'sound card' really. I believe it's a standard factory mic input. It may not have that option. None of my 'puters do, for that input, anyway. Most periphiral sound cards have software that installs that option, I think, but the basic Microsoft volume settings don't, right? I could be wrong.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast