Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is there an option in your sound card software to switch the input from mic level to line level?
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

But try this:

Accesories; entertainment; sound recorder; edit; sound properties; 'sound recording'-volume; 'microphone'-advanced; 'other controls'-click box 1 'microphone boost'.

Now try direct mic in without the mixer.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

If he wants to use the mixer, what will be the use of that? I still say he swiches off the monitor input.

To get rid of the noise from the mixer, if he can't switch it off.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Quote: penniesfromheaven
    View Post
    I don't know, ivan. He does't have a 'sound card' really. I believe it's a standard factory mic input. It may not have that option. None of my 'puters do, for that input, anyway. Most periphiral sound cards have software that installs that option, I think, but the basic Microsoft volume settings don't, right? I could be wrong.
    Well, my card is factory installed, and it has that option. I was having that problum with my mixer at first, but I turned off that option and I am doing fine. I dont mmean to argue or anything. I hope you dont take like that.

Quote: penniesfromheaven
    View Post
    To get rid of the noise from the mixer, if he can't switch it off.

Well I will dive in to all the documentation I have and try to come up with something. Hope you are not mad. Let me see what I can find. Sorry for beeing dumb.

No, no, it's cool. I just haven't seen that option before in an unmodified factory computer.

What kind of os are you runningg?

XP pro 2007

Hmm. and you say your does not have a monitor input?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast