Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rups

converting video to allow for streaming

Hi there,

i reading your tutorial and need to as how do you convert a normal avi or divx to a streaming video file?

Rups

Blog Entries
    What video editing software do you have?
    Do you know which streaming format you want to use (e.g. Real Media, Quicktime, Windows Media)?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Rups

converting video to allow for streaming

I will be using windows media player to stream.

i have no video editing software, but if you can suggest one that would help, also if it is free then it would help more.

Rups

Blog Entries
    I don't have any recent experience with free editing software so I can't really recommend anything. Try a Google search for "free video converter" or "free video encoder". There are quite a few options to choose from. I would be interested to hear how you get on.

Also, when you reply to a message in this forum, can you please use the "Post Reply" button instead of "New Topic"? This keeps all the replies to the same topic in the same thread. Thanks.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

kishore

streaming

adobe premiere pro is the best software for converting it streaming format. it will convert to real, windows media and quick time formats the bit rate u provide.

converting to digital

I am trying to take DVD video and convert it to digital so it can then be turned in windows media for streaming video on a web site. My first step is to get the dvd video into digital. How do I do that? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well, DVD video is already digital, but anyway....

Can you tell us more about the DVD? Is it just a standard DVD or do you have it in other formats?

What (if any) video editing software do you have?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Cramer

Hi there, me again,

You would think it is already on digital, but I am not sure. I don't think so and I am told from the guys at work, it is not.
    Here goes. I do TV stories. We do the stories on tape, not digital and then they burn me a DVD. We want to take the DVD video story and audio and put it on my company's web page as streaming video after it's turned into windows media or quicktime format. I've been told all kinds of details laborious ways of doing this. Is there not a simple way. I am told it needs to be changed to AVI format and then into windows. I have downloaded windows, and windows encoder and some other converters, but can't seem to get this. My DVD drive is part of my computer so it would seem I just need to save it somehow to my computer and then change to windows media and it will be ready for the server guys to put it on the web. Please help.

Cramer

These are already edited as explained. The entire story needs to be dubbed to whatever that works.

Please answer

Hi there,

Could someone...maybe Dave...follow up on this and get back to me? I am waiting patiently...well maybe not patiently. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast