Sheilded wire vs. non Sheilded in Commercial jukebox setting

Hello all, perhaps you can help me with a sound issue I'm having regarding a commercial jukebox. I distribute and install Touch Tunes digital jukeboxes. Typically you will find these in your local bars and taverns. Anyway all the sound components are Bose. In one particular location I have a recurring humming sound that goes throughout the speakers. The system has 2 zones each controlled by a seperate amplifier. Zone one consists of a large subwoofer/amplifier with 4 141 bose speakers. Zone 2 has an XLS 202 amp and 2 bose 301 speakers hooked to it. The humming is across the board (all speakers). If the entire system is powered down and powered back up the humming will go away, sometimes for hours, but always comes back. It is thought that the humming may be due to the fact that there is quite a bit of neon (signs, strips) that the speaker wire must run past to get to the speakers from the jukebox. Will or can this cause a hum, feedback or other problems? If so would sheilded wire cure the problem? Am I barking up the wrong tree??

What have I done so far you ask...
    -disconnected each amplifier from the system independently to see if one of the amps was causing the problem
    -disconnected each speaker one by one to see if maybe a speaker was causing the problem
    -replaced the central computer of the whole system.

Thanks for any help
    Barrett

You seem to have troubleshooted ok, but I assume you did it with the hum present at each step.

Does the hum co-incide with the lighting of neon? If so, I can give a black box fix.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

what happens if you use small pieces of speaker wire and connect the speakers right next to the system?
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Blog Entries
    Quote: Barrett
    View Post
    It is thought that the humming may be due to the fact that there is quite a bit of neon (signs, strips) that the speaker wire must run past to get to the speakers from the jukebox. Will or can this cause a hum, feedback or other problems? If so would sheilded wire cure the problem? Am I barking up the wrong tree??
    Do you still get hum when there is no lit neon signs?

I couldn't find information on the Bose speakers. Are they self powered? Hum could be induced if there is a grounding difference between systems on two different electrical legs.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.