Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wireless system

wireless system

friends and brothers
    i want you to suggest to me how possible it will be to connect my speaker cables to a wreless system such that i will not have speaker cables running around and causing a mess.
    thank you.

they do have wireless transmitters. They are not up to concert quality, but for the home they are fine. Look at radio shack.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Also the speakers will have to be powered separate from the stereo (some have the wireless stuff built in), and the feed to a multi-channel transmitter won't be where the speakers are connected now. It will have to come from a line output. So you are going to have to replace the speakers in any case. How much $ do you have?
    Last edited by penniesfromheaven; 15th Nov 2007 at 15:54.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Clueless is back. I notice that wireless sets come with one mic and receiver. Can two mics be used with the one receiver in an interview situation?

Only if the receiver is actually two receivers in one box (or you're using some sort of digital or ?DMA system).
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

lav mics

So two sets are needed? What type ofproblems would be encounteredwith two transmitters and receivers so close in proxmity? Are there such animals as two receivers in one box?

OK, clueless, I believe you are trying to do something other than what you described in your original post. Please explain exactly what you want to do. and what equipment do you have now? Then we can get down to the brass tacks (business). Cool?

That said, the 'reciever boxes' pick their own radio frequency to operate at. They know when there is more than one 'box'. I have worked with as many as 60 wireless componants in one theatre without problems.

Do me a favor, and please be accurate with your english. Thank you.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

wireless mics

Sorry. My post about prefaders was a sererate query. What I am now asking is, in a field interview situation, can one receiver handle two mics or is a receiver necessary for each?

Each mic will come with its own receiver. each mic has to have its own receiver. Like a regular radio, you can't tune in more than one station at a time, and each mic is like a separate radio station. There are multiple receiver boxes out there in kit form that come with the mics. You then need a way to mix the outputs of each receiver together (unless a multiple-receiver box has it built in). I'll research it.

I guess that technically you could use two wireless transmitters that are on the same frequency and only use on e receiver, but it could be messy.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast