Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do transparent jpegs exist?

Hi,

I've been told that it's possible to save transparent jpegs, so i googled it up, and this forum was one of the first options. Below the underlined reference, "change the name in the box to .jpeg but keep the format as photoshop. Interestingly enough this work, the background is transparent, and the jpeg works. ..." came with it, but i cant find the complete commentary in the forum. Dave, James (or anyone else) could u please help me out?

They lied. Transparent standard JPEGs do not exist. JPEG 2000 does support transparency if I remember correctly, but nothing on the consumer end supports JPEG 2000, you might as well go with PNGs. Saving a PSD as "filename.jpg" still makes a PSD, it just has a jpg extension.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Transparent jpegs answered

Thanx for your reply Eric. I have another question concerning image files with a layer designated "Index" in Photoshop. Is it possible to edit this type of image? (without having to go through printscreen) ??

Converting jpeg/jpg to gif for transparancy

Can you convert a jpeg or jpg photo file to gif in Photoshop Elements using Save As and then use that gif file to make a transparency?

Thanx for the reply, someone else had already given me the answer: its actually quite simple, in Photoshop from the image menu i select rgb mode, thereby converting an image with indexed colour to rgb.

Quote: jacksranch
    View Post
    Can you convert a jpeg or jpg photo file to gif in Photoshop Elements using Save As and then use that gif file to make a transparency?
    YES
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Layer Question

How do you layer two .gif opague pictures?

When I get two photos in the Photo bin that I want to layer they seem to be in their own layer, e.g. background or Layer X. I cannot make one the background and the other the next layer.

Thanks.

sorry (jacksranch), what software do you use?

Blog Entries
    I don't know of any software that allows you to do this with GIF images so that's probably the problem. Try changing the image mode to RGB.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    I don't know of any software that allows you to do this with GIF images so that's probably the problem. Try changing the image mode to RGB.
    Ding, Ding, Ding! no more callers please, We have a winner!!!
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast