2d3 Steady Move Pro?

Hi guy's I have 2d3 Steady Move Pro. I'm using it in Adobe Premiere 1.5. In case you didn't know this is a program that corrects shakiness in your videos. So my question is when I apply the filter it doesn't do anything, I see only two brackets on my upper right hand corner. It doesn't correct the video from shakiness. What do I have to do? I tried messing with the adjustments but that doesn't really help. I really want this product to work so please help me out. I have seen some sample videos and the results are amazing, and I too wanted to have those results so please HELP ME? I really appriciate it.

Hi Jim

Here you go

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotut...steadymove.htm

That should give you some assistance

Chris

They only offer basic tutorial, I understand all of that but I still can't get it to work properly. I see brackets on the upper right hand side of the video, which are not suppose to be on there.. Is there anything else you can help me

Hi Jim

Sorry I don't use Premiere and I don't use the Steady Move software either. Maybe someone else here has used it and can help you???

Chris

Blog Entries
    I was considering buying it so I could check it out, but I discovered it's not compatible with CS3. Then I was going to suggest asking in their forum but it turns out to be "coming soon".

I did manage to find an answer though. You might not like it:

Quote: SteadyMove FAQ
    The double brackets symbol (( )) means that SteadyMove Pro has been unable to stabilize the image. This could be because the footage is too shaky, you have used unsuitable smoothing parameters, or you are processing in draft mode.To indicate that a frame has not been stabilized, a double brackets symbol is rendered into the top right corner. This should never be present on final output renders.

Try changing the Smoothness and Max Correction settings to see if you can find values that work better with the clip. Alternatively, try setting the Edge Handling mode to Auto Slow. This will adaptively adjust the Smoothness and Max Correction values throughout the clip.

SteadyMove Pro does not stabilize images when in draft mode. When processing in draft mode, effects packages often reduce the resolution of the images processed or make other optimizations such as processing interlaced footage as progressive. Measures such as these reduce the effectiveness of SteadyMove’s motion tracking and may adversely affect the quality of the stabilized clip. SteadyMove tries to warn the user about this by rendering the double brackets symbol in the corner of the frame.

In After Effects, if the RAM preview resolution is set to less than half then SteadyMove previewing is disabled (frames are marked with the (( )) symbol). This may also occur if Dynamic Preview Acceleration is enabled.

In Premiere Pro, draft mode causes SteadyMove previewing to be disabled (frames are marked with the (( )) symbol).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com