Camcorders or Cameras that take films?

I have a Sony DSC-M2 digital camera and i have used it to film all of my movies. My friends are always telling me to get a camcorder but i really don't think i need one. What is the difference between filming from a camera then filming from a camcorder?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hello najjang,
    The fact that you capture with memory, rather on magnetic (video) tape or on dvd is a personal choice. If your shots are going into a computer anyway and your happy with your capture device, then you really don't have a problem, until you can recognize one. There's really nothing wrong with what you have but if your friends are so concerned - maybe they should buy one for you.

There's absolutely no reason for you to change with what you have as long as you are happy with it. It's only when you are unhappy that you would need to change your situation. However I can only suggest to take into consideration their reason (if they have a reasonable one) because you may not be aware of situations.

Each piece of equipment will have advantages and disadvantage, no matter what the situation may be. Just decide what is best (and affordable) for your purposes.

This concludes Video Philosophy 101
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries
    P.S. Just a minor correction - there's really no film involved if your referring to video usage.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you could borrow or hire a camcorder for a day and see the difference for yourself. If you don't think it's worth it, you haven't lost much and you've gained some experience.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com