Thread: Making a team

Making a team

I would like to form a team of video producers to make videos. e.g. music videos, documentaries, short films, long films.

Can anyone advice me on the best way to go about doing this or tell me good sites or exibitions etc.

any positive comments and constructive criticism appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Hello skifoot - welcome!

Imho... you have a lot of work ahead of you, that is, if you do the work yourself. You'll have to know who's who, in all those fields. Whatever you see or hear, you'll want to know who the producer is, i.e.
    music videos, documentaries, short films, long films etc, etc... You'll have to read up on all the trade papers for those different producers involved in those type of formats.

Or...
    find a recruiter.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Make sure your team has at least one tech/engineer who can tell you what is easily possible and can help you work around any production problems you may have.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Blog Entries
    Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    Make sure your team has at least one tech/engineer who can tell you what is easily possible and can help you work around any production problems you may have.
    ABSOLUTELY! Engineering will be your adhesive from creative to what is reality.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries
    Not wanting to labour the point but I fully endorse the engineer requirement. I've seen a few jobs wrecked because no-one on the team knew how to fix an unexpected problem.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

yes an engineer is key, other then that i would start asking around your town, go to the production houses, and what not and see what you can find out about who you may want to hire. If you are not looking to just hire people in your town, i believe that www.productionhub.com has some contacts.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

thnx for the replies. i can see engineering is vital so i sahll make dat my top priority for this project.