Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

thing to consider in buying new camera... help

what are the thing to consider in buying cameras, still newbie in photography

Quick suggestion:
    1. Purpose & performance
    What do you want to use it for? That determines what kind of camera you are looking for. How powerful (eg Megapixel, waterproof, shockproof, must have a swivel LCD back. etc)

2. Budget
    The other most important factor, unless your budget is the sky, you have to think carefully what to invest in

3. Systems (usually optional but I find very important)
    If this is not a spur-of-the-moment purchase, think long term. What brands are reputed to have excellent and complete systems (eg lens, camera bodies, flash) that you find it a plus to invest in

Yup those suffice for now. Let the good people in this forum know if there's any other issues or help you require.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

nager has the right things to consider, just in the wrong order.

Budget
    Purpose & performance
    Systems

that is the way i would start looking. there are many options in most budget ranges, and first you need to figure out what kind of money you have, then you can start trading megpaixels for features
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    Quote: kawsakimx6
    View Post
    Budget
    Purpose & performance
    Systems

that is the way i would start looking.
    I concur with the order. You can ALWAYS be satisfied with the best...if you can afford it.

Happy Hunting!

SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Haha guys, thanks for the re-arrangement! I wasn't really thinking in order when I was writing. But to be honest, there were times when I waited and saved a little more just to get what I really wanted for performance, perhaps that instinct sparked off my putting point 1 as the first point!
    Loong . Singapore

From my experience with other things, the brand is very important. I think that this applies to cameras, too.

Also remember to look at what lenses are available and the pricing on them too. Sometimes third party lenses are better ranged and differently priced [sometimes more, sometimes less]
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    Also remember to look at what lenses are available and the pricing on them too. Sometimes third party lenses are better ranged and differently priced [sometimes more, sometimes less]

the good ones are usually more
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I didn't mean in relation to other lenses, but some times a very good third party lens will be quite a bit cheaper than a poor quality first-party lens. Then again, I use a ground glass 75 - 230 mm from the 60s that is still sold for quite a few thousand dollars today.....
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Usually those 'first-party' lower quality lenses are meant for the amateur photographers' market, not for those who consider themselves to be semi-pro or pros. It's like comparing apples and pears. You simply cannot compare them.
    Loong . Singapore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast