Live TV video streaming

I am new to all this....I am looking into streaming live feed to a friend from my TV ;we both have high speed internet...I am looking at the highest quality possible

1. Should I stream to a link in a web site?
    2. Should I open my firewall and have him connect directly to my computer to received the stream?
    3. Both systems are running way over P4 3GHZ with at least 512 RAM

Quote: fta123
    View Post
    I am new to all this....I am looking into streaming live feed to a friend from my TV ;we both have high speed internet...I am looking at the highest quality possible

1. Should I stream to a link in a web site?
    2. Should I open my firewall and have him connect directly to my computer to received the stream?
    3. Both systems are running way over P4 3GHZ with at least 512 RAM
    1) stream to a link ? can u explain better ?
    2) Yes, u should open a port and, if your friend has a static IP, grant traffic only from his IP
    3) good.

bsa

If you have a tv card on your puter try webcam xp to create code for a streaming video html page. you can lock it to serve one ip address. You will need to open port 8080 on your router. I have constant streaming on my port 8080 for my security cams, fed through a hauppauge tv/video card.

steve

Steve,
    fta123 wrote that he would like to stream hi quality.
    Maybe wcam streams at low Q or low fps.
    yours ?

bsa

Quote: bsa
    View Post
    Steve,
    fta123 wrote that he would like to stream hi quality.
    Maybe wcam streams at low Q or low fps.
    yours ?

bsa
    It really depends on how you translate "high quality" the control of webcamxp is quite good with windows media streaming, flash, or like my webcams the lowest quality javascript setting, which i think is quite acceptable and only uses low bandwidth. http://86.16.187.87:8080/

Steve,
    I wrote the fta123 words "at the highest quality possible"
    so that was my reply reason.

I understand that he would like to stream a TV PAL or NTSC feed.

Anyway very good image from your cam.

Bsa