Thread: form help

form help

I can not get a contact form t+o be sent to my email. When I test it, I see the subject, but I do not see the message.
    What fcan be done about this?
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

Blog Entries
    So you are receiving the email, just not with all the information contained in the form? If so you're on the right track, there's probably something fairly minor amiss with your setup. We'd need to see the form and the form handler script you're using to try and identify the exact problem.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I bet you haven't given a name to your TEXTAREA element, hath you?

In the following is a small piece of code that might handle passing a subject line as well as the message body to the form action, which was set in this example to MAILTO ( a method at whose using in the form's action relies only on the user's software).

Code:
    <form action="MAILTO:b.gates@msn.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain">
    <fieldset>
    	<legend>SEND<b>Mail</b></legend>
    	<h3>This form sends an e-mail to the given "b.gates@msn.com" mail address.</h3>
    	<p>
    		<h5>Name:</h5>
    		<input type="text" name="name" value="yourname" size="20" />
    	</p>
    	<p>
    		<h5>Mail:</h5>
    		<input type="text" name="mail" value="yourmail" size="20" />
    	</p>
    	<p>
    		<h5>Comment:</h5>
    		<textarea name="comment" rows="10" cols="30">your message..</textarea>
    	</p>
    	<p>
    		<input type="reset" value=" reset the form " />
    		<input type="submit" value=" Send This Mail " />
    	</p>
    </fieldset>
    </form>
    Though, you will have problems with formatting your output besides many. To avoid this you need to script a MAIL HANDLER in your most favourite computer language other than PASCAL. The following link is an article about form processing with PHP, so I suggest you to follow it if you're interested in coding with PHP.

These are all I can humbly suggest to those having similar problems and those who could be little bit less implicit and more helpful to us than Ivan was

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    No webbers coming to church, Ivan? Here, everybody is stuck in the facebook as if they are all put under a deep-sleep spell.. If you have a question to ask, you need to find some people awake ( heh I liked this phrase ). What is happening to our world anyway allright, outta topic.

p.s. go to your FORM element and set your METHOD to "GET" to see if you did include all the element names for parsing.

best regards
    k.ilalan
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege