Netscape won't play my wav file

Hi, I am hoping that someone can help me with this: I used Dreamweaver MX 2004 to create a basic HTML website for my client. He wants the links to make a sound when visitors click on them. I have used the behaviors panel to apply the onClick Play Sound command to each link. It works just fine in IE, but not on Netscape. Is there a code that I need to add to make this work? I know of the code that you add for background sound, but I don't need that one. Please help!
    -Sabbie

Blog Entries
    Can you show us the code you are using, or the URL?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Url

The URL is: www.atollbc.com.
    Thanks!
    -Sabbie

Blog Entries
    Actually I have some bad news regarding your site in IE.

I currently have Quicktime as my default wav player, and every time I click a link on your site, the page is replaced by the Quicktime player playing the sound.

Unfortunately I need to go out now so I can't help any further. Hopefully someone else can help, otherwise I'll check back in as soon as I can.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Change to Flash buttons

Do you think that changing the buttons to Flash buttons will help? I know that there are limitations to this, such as needing the flash player to play Flash content and types of link limitations. Perhaps there shouldn't be sound at all!
    -Sabbie

Blog Entries
    Without doubt, my advice to your client would be to forget the sound thing. It's too problematic and doesn't really add anything to a site (IMO). A lot of people actually get annoyed by it. Basically I think there's not much to gain and a lot to lose.

If they insist on sound, Flash is a reasonable solution. Much easier to deal with and safer, but make sure you have text link alternatives.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks, Dave, for your help!