Sony Handycam DCR-DVD103 NTSC

Alright, this is quite possibly a pretty dumb question, but no matter how hard I try I cannot figure out how to access the effects on the menu of my DVD103 camera. My mom has a DVD92 and hers are right on the menu, but on my setup menu there's only five options, none of which involve any sort of editing or effect options. I know my camera comes with them, but I have no idea how to access them, can anyone help me? thank you.

step one, get a manual.......

step two, if you dont have one, post that you need one..

step 3, play around
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I too have a handycam. It was a little anoying at first, but if you the instructions thoroughly, then you can really figure out alot of stuff. To acess the menu acsesories, go to the camera mode and at the corner of the screen, there is a button called "FN". Press that. On the first page on the bottom left hand corner, press menu. Once you're there, scroll down to whatever program you want. Once you have what you want, press the button "EXEC". Then, scroll down to one of the acsessories you want and press the "EXEC" button again. This will give you more options. Find the one you want and press "EXEC" again. This will bring you back to your program. If you want a diffrent program, press the "RET" button. If you want to exit, press the "X" button and this will lead you back to the camera mode. OK?