Editing Software for HD

Hi there...I'm new to the forum, and I've learned quite a bit so far.

The reason I joined is because I am about to start a video production business out of my home, and I need a little help getting started. My specialty will be weddings, but will also be doing other production projects as well. I am leaning toward purchasing 2 Canon XH-A1's so that I may offer my clients HD videos of their ceremonies.

My question is about post-production editing software. I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions about which NLE sofware I should start with. I've had minimal experience using AVID, but not much. I'm looking for something simpler than that, but I also want the ability to edit HD video as well as SD. I have a PC that runs Windows XP, and that's where I will be editing. Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone had experience using the XH-A1? If so, what is your impression of this camera?

Thanks in advance for all your help, and I look forward to getting more input from you all in the future.

DJ

Ulead Videostudio 11 plus does NLE SD & HD.
    It also has a brain free interface.

I hope your computer has LOTS of hard drive space.
    Video studio can create proxy files to ease the load on your system, but you still needs to store everything.
    Not that it applies to you with your camera choice but Videostudio also works with JVC .TOD files.

As discussed in this forum elsewhere, your biggest issue will be downconverting to make SD DVD's. You customers WILL ask for copies in this format.