Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Best camera for amateurs

I'm looking for a not professional camera but good, for which brands should I look for?

My requirement is to take quality pictures with a single button pressed.

man there are alot of good options out there. you did not give us much to work with. What kind of budget are you looking at having i guess would be my #1 question. then we go from there. How tech savvy are you? what will you be using the pics for? etc....
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Quote: pal
    View Post
    My requirement is to take quality pictures with a single button pressed.
    They sell small "one time use" cameras for a few dollars at any corner store, preset with focus at infinity, built in flash, high quality prints available for an additional fee
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Blog Entries
    Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    They sell small "one time use" cameras for a few dollars at any corner store, preset with focus at infinity, built in flash, high quality prints available for an additional fee
    That's an excellent point. I've never used or tried one. Anybody ever tried one? I'm curious as to, "how good of a picture", you can get.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

That would be something interesting to find out. It doesn't seem to be economically viable where I'm from. I think the first of such cameras were introduced at least 4 years ago, but there are still no shops selling or supporting services available locally, unless I spend a tiny 'bomb' to try it...

There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

I need something around $500 to take nice pictures in my holidays and not only

can you suggest certain preferred producers?

Well pal, assuming you come from US, I find you've got a hefty sum for a point and shoot digital camera!

You might want to consider Canon digital cameras (no disposables). The cheaper Canon PowerShot A460, 5.0 mega-pixels (costs about USD130 as suggested retail price, which means you'll almost certainly get it cheaper in the stores near you). Add an extra battery and one/two 2G (4G cards are still a little dear) memory card/s, and you might even have enough to print your pictures.

That's a quick suggestion. Let the good people know if there's anything you might want to ask.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Quote: pal
    View Post
    I need something around $500 to take nice pictures in my holidays and not only
    wait....are you in the US? and you have 500? that is a good chunk of change for a simple point and shoot. you can get a good canon or sony for like 200.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast