Thread: Computer system

Baja

Computer system

I do editing of special occations movies (weddings, universaries, reunions, parties etc.). I edit them on my PC (with windows XP Professional system) , using Ulead 11 software. My original video clips are in *AVI format. I render them into DVD format (*MPG). My storage system is 200 GB.
    I have heard that Mac system is much better for film and graphic editing, than PC Windows XP. Could anybody comment on this. Also I would like to purchase more "transitions" for my movies and DVD slide shows. Where can I get them. What comes with Ulead 11 is not enough.
    Would Adobie DVD editing software be better than Ulead?
    Regards
    Baja

I guess the real question is can you afford to replace your computer system and software. Having never used a Mac or seen the end result of videos done on a Mac, this would be the first stop, find someone who uses a Mac and compare the end results. I do on the other hand use Ulead 9/10/11 you might look at the support site as they do offer free additions, also read through their forum as Ulead users often post links to useful tools.

Baja
    Thanks for your valuable comment. I can afford a new computer system and software, this is not a problem. But as you pointed out the quality of the movies edited in Mac system might be differenty than the ones edited in PC Windows...I have to check that.
    Baja