Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review category

Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention... I haven't finalized the categories yet. I'm open to suggestions.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave,

Let's hear the list that you have thus far, and we can hlep fill in any holes
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    At the moment I just have:

Video Cameras
    Still Photography Cameras
    Audio Equipment
    Other Hardware
    Software

I don't want to start with too many categories - we can increase the number if there's enough demand.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

The 5 categories should be OK,
    this post is a test looking for the add your rating button,
    have gone back in to look for the button???
    Executive Producer,
    Start Up Evangelist

Blog Entries
    The rating button is probably the worst thing about the system at the moment - I think it will need to be better if we continue down this path. Currently it uses the built-in thread rating system which is fine but not intuitive for rating reviews. In the future I would try to make it more obvious.

As it stands the rating button is located at the top right of any particular thread, as highlighted in the screenshot below. If you're posting a new review, you need to submit the post first, then go back to the thread and rate it.

Please let me know if the ratings button doesn't appear where it's supposed to, or if you still have problems. Because I had to set up different permissions for different types of user, I may still have some things wrong.

BTW, the script that runs this forum (vBulletin) is due for a fairly major update very soon. I'd prefer to wait until I've installed the upgrade before I customize the review section any further, which is why I haven't done any more work on it yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Looking at your screen snapshot, my threads are missing the rating buttons, what I see on your screen capture has 3 buttons 1. thread tools, 2. Search this thread and 3. the ratings buttons,
    I have only 2 on my threads, I use mozella firefox browser
    Executive Producer,
    Start Up Evangelist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123