Low Res Fonts in Illustrator???

I am designing a few fliers for a friends band and am in the process of sending them to the printer. I created outlines of the fonts and cleaned them up before saving in Illustrator as an EPS file. I then opened in photoshop saved @ 300dpi and made it a JPEG file to send to the printer. However, they are telling me the fonts are low res, all bitmappy looking and i can't figure out how to fix this.......PLEASE HELP!!!
    FYI...these are fonts I found on a free font site and may not even be able to use them.......

What to do, what to do

save as a non raster file in illustrator. an eps or and ai file that is mase in illustrator will work 99.5% of the time
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Thanks, i will try that i know it's a silly question but how can i be sure it is at 300dpi and if not how do i change it? I only know how to do that in Photoshop. silly me

well i have CS3 and i am going to tell you how to do it in that, however if you are using a different photoshop, let me know and i will open an old computer to make sure that I can help you

It is Image > Image size > aspect ratio
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!