Video Mixing Unit

Hi All,

I want to start my shop of video mixing, editing. Kindly help me which is the best video capture card & its cost. I need computer hardware requirements too. thanks in advance for ur help.

Rgds/Javaid

Hi Jigbal

You will have to disclose whether you have a digital camera or analogue!!
    If it's digital then it will have a firewire output and you don't need a capture card..simply a firewire card in your computer.

The other hardware is totally dependant on what your camcorder is, what you are doing and what your personal preference is in software.

If you give the forum an idea of what you have and what you intend doing then you will get some intelligent and practical suggestions

Chris

I wouldn't waste my time with capture cards or TV Tuner Cards, get a good digital converter.

Blog Entries
    Quote: jiqbal
    View Post
    Hi All,

I want to start my shop of video mixing, editing. Kindly help me which is the best video capture card & its cost. I need computer hardware requirements too. thanks in advance for ur help.
    jiqbal, I realize that you are seeking help but if you want to start your own shop, don't you want to look into it yourself first then ask others who are experienced. Many people here use similar pieces of equipment and similar software but once applied don't always wind up being the best for them, so they look to explore other territories. You will only buy the best that YOU can afford anyway and the term, "best" is relative to who? You? The industry? User-friendly?

As a suggestion in a forum like this please be specific with your needs, desires and questions. I don't want to seem condescending or like a know-it-all (because I'm not) but the general questions are a bore - it's the hard perplexing questions we thrive on!
    Last edited by SC358; 2nd Feb 2008 at 14:06.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.