Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi if you havent read the post i already made in web design. Im new, and my name is Nick. Now im looking to go into filming and camera work. I would like to have a step ahead before i go to college. I'm in high school right now, and would like to have a leading hand in this. So if you could respond to this I would really appreciate it, Thank you very much.

Hi Nick,
    Here is some good information by Steve Grisetti
    http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/articles/?p=5

Steve has other articles at muvipix as well, they should give you a good overview and then you can come up with some specific questions to ask

Blog Entries
    In my experience, showing some initiative and trying to learn before you get to college will already give you a head-start over most people there

Have a look around the tutorials at this site and follow some of the discussions. That should help a fair bit.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

welcome to the forums. What helped me in college and beond was willing to do things. talk to your teachers and see if there are any projects that you can get in to. I know partying is fun, but sometimes work is nessary. And i do like a good party
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Was also curious, when making a first short film. Do you think it would be a good idea to just make it an area that your familiar with, and add visuals, or go to a new area you don't know very well. I live in a simply suburb, where its basically just roads and small businesses. So if anybody could direct me on some good scenery that would be cool.

Also would like to thank you guys for the support and would also like to let you know that I am going to be doing as much work as i can to make it in the filming business.

Hi Nick
    The biggest mistake most make is to grab their camera and go out and shoot a movie???? You have to have a story first!! You can shoot a movie anywhere but there is no sense in just wandering around with your camera! Decide on what you are going to tell your viewer then put it into vision and sound. Even shooting a kids birthday party has a story!!!
    Want to shoot a documentary in your street??? do some research first and find something interesting about your area...interview people about it but you still must have a beginning, middle and end !!!!
    I brought out a tuition DVD a while back on essential secrets of making a movie and the storyline is rule #1 !!!!

Chris

Ah I understand where your comming from. So more or less, create the story behind the camera before even picking it up. Will do, also if you happen to have any links or books on studies or anything of the sort if you would link it to me it would help me out alot.
    Last edited by Kukichn; 15th Feb 2008 at 06:57.

Hi Nick! I'm in high school too, and here for pretty much the same reason.

With your locations, if you want to make a good short film, think about all the different places you have access to and how you can connect them together. But you should always get to know the area first, so you can design the best shots.

Hi again
    Just pop over to my website and go to the free-stuff link and you can then download a wmv version on the first part of movie-making ..."You got to have a Story"

It's there until the end of Feb until the March free download replaces it!!!

http://www.softweigh.com/video/

Hope it helps a bit...also for the actual story-writing bit just google for script-writing links...there are plenty out there.

Chris

alright ill take care of that and keep a high search. Im completely open minded to anything offered to me, and thank you very much. I really intend on making some form of a silent film, and a kind of drug movie(without the drugs of course), and i need alot of visual effects.