DVD-RAM troubles

Hello all

I seem to be in a bit of trouble

You see i have some footage that is on a DVD-RAM that I cannot access on my pc without a DVD-RAM player.

However, I can watch the DVD on my regular DVD player, now, my question is:

Can I somehow hook up my laptop to my DVD player so that i can RECORD what im watching? I think this is the only way I can have whats on the DVD on my pc, so that I can edit the footage on sony vegas.

Can anyone help me please?
    Thank you

You can with a digital converter, Canopus makes a number of them and the ADS Pyro A/V Link is a very good option for around $140 USD.
    I have the Pyro Link and like it very much, I can capture anything from any analog source. The computer sees it the same as as digital camcorder, you will be able to capture directly into Vegas.

Man, that's quite a fix there. Have you any firewire port on your DVD RAM player? Try hooking that up onto your lappy and try digitizing... I'll have to apologize way ahead of time if it doesn't work. I'm just speculating possibilities.

End of speculation. Can you tell us what is the make and model number of the DVD-RAM player you have?
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

I think the problem is that they have a DVD-RAM disc and no player, but the disc will play on a standard DVD player which they do have

Oh.. that makes things simpler. I must be sleeping.. actually I am rather tired. It's 1.30 in the morning from where I come from!

If you have a camcorder that has RCA (input) and firewire output, with a 'bypass' feature, use it as a middle-man between your pc and DVD player, and it will work.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Using a digital camcorder as a converter is a great idea as long as you have one, and it supports pass through.