Thread: Yamaha Amp

Yamaha Amp

Yamaha Amp Post #1
    Hi everyone I have a problem with a Yamaha pc1002 power amp, it works on one channel only, the protection led is on.
    When i measure the idle current and dc offset they are correct and i can adjust them on both boards.
    This amp has a switch on the back to change from stereo to mono, when switched to mono the volume control for channel A works (it's channel A that doesn't work) in stereo mode.
    There are two relays one for each channel channel B relay clicks in but channel A relay doesn't, i tested the relay on a seperate power supply and it worked, the relay driver ic is a TA1317P sil 9 pin ic.
    Can anyone give me any advice please.

Thanks in advance mick.

Blog Entries
    Hello mick -
    Well since you've gone to the trouble of opening it up and pulling out the relay to test it, have you tried to get a schematic from Yamaha yet?
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Yamaha amp

Hi thanks for your reply, yes i have got hold of a schematic.
    And when i checked it out i found that the relay driver ic had been replaced with a dual op amp, i sent off for the right chip and installed it and now the amp works fine, i am not sure how the wrong ic ever managed to operate one of the relays but it did.

Anyway thanks again mick.

Yamaha amp

Hi thanks for your reply, yes i have got hold of a schematic.
    And when i checked it out i found that the relay driver ic had been replaced with a dual op amp, i sent off for the right chip and installed it and now the amp works fine, i am not sure how the wrong ic ever managed to operate one of the relays but it did.
    Also the schematic is printed wrong the TA1317P is a TA7317P.
    Anyway thanks again mick.