transferring VHS-C to VHS

I know this may seem stupid, but does anyone know an easy way to do it? I have to send something on a VHS tape and I only have VHS-C. I've taped what I need to tape -- I just need to transfer it to a regular VHS tape. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!

They make adapters that you put the VHS-C tape into and it will play on a regular VCR, that is one way. The adapters cost about $15 USD.

Another way is to connect the VHS-C camcorder to a VCR and record directly to a standard VHS tape.

There are other methods and you can even put it on a DVD using a digital converter and the right software.

if this is your one and only time go to your local camera shop and have it transfered for 20 bucks.

They charge $25 by me plus the cost of the tape, $3. I can almost buy a VCR for that.

Blog Entries
    Quote: Chuck Engels
    View Post
    I can almost buy a VCR for that.
    It is ironically funny.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

This is a little drastic but it works and there is NO degradation!!!
    Take an old VHS cassette and rip out all the tape then unscrew the VHS-C cassette and rewind the tape into the VHS cassette. The tape used in both cassettes is identical!!

However, use a pair of cotton gloves to handle the tape, be careful not to crease it either. When you are done, give it a quick FF and rewind and you will find it plays perfectly in a standard VHS VCR ...Gosh!! you still have a VCR!!! Mine died ages ago and they are not sold anymore!!!

Chris

Blog Entries
    Chris - you're THE MAN!

From my own stand point that is one of the best but not so easy solution since care must be taken for a, "first timer". It would even be well worth the time and effort to ruin two VHS tapes JUST to practice it, imho. The trickiest part is understanding how to keep the brake operative in the new housing because there is a spring mechanism.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.