Compressing Video

Hello,

I am using Sony Vegas to do 30 minute Internet TV shows for a pro-wrestling promotion. I want to burn each show to DVD which holds I believe 120mins. on a disc but I think the file size is too big. Is it possible to find something that will compress the size of the video for DVD and retain good video quality?

Hi CMP2008
    If you are rendering with Vegas for DVD you should be using the MainConcept MPEG2 setting and the DVD NTSC or DVD PAL template which will render your file at 6000mbps and the audio at 48K. 30 minutes will be easy to fit onto a DVD !!!

I am now guessing that you are using DVD Architect to compile the DVD??? If so, it's default settings are crazy and yes, you get a huge file. You overall VOB file should be pretty close to the MPEG2 size.

I tend to use Vegas for my editor but after the huge file issues with Architect I switched to Mediachance's DVD Lab and evrything is sweet!!!

Hope this helps a bit

Chris

as chris said, make sure the settings are correct, because 30 min should fit on a DVD NO PROBLEM.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Thanks a bunch guys, really helped. Got both of my first 2 shows on the DVD with no problem. Really appreciate it.