FLV files in Windows Media Player

This is both an error report as well as a question. I followed Media College's instructions on this page:

http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/fl...-media-player/

and it worked for a long time on my website without a problem, even without the .htaccess file (my hosting company is on UNIX).

However, about a month ago it all stopped working and now no matter what I do (like including the .htaccess, adding additional JavaScript and HTML code, object, param, etc.), it just won't work again.

This is very frustrating, because I've lost something that used to work for half a year or longer beautifully. Your code is still on your website, so you might want to remove it, in order not to mislead future readers of your site, because it doesn't work any more.

What happened and at whom should I be angry? Did Microsoft change anything or Adobe? Can you help me? Should I provide the link on my website, where the FLV file just won't play?

I've also tried to integrate other FLV players into my website, but those codes and descriptions look great, but in reality they don't work or are just confusing and take you on a trip down the road of SWF, but who wants to end up at SWF, when what we were looking for was FLV implementation and that's what the search result page promised? But these article writers are masters of evasion and take you to SWF, where you don't want to go. They just can't keep it simple!

So who can help me? And please, remove the above article along with their subarticles! Thank you!

Can u send any message on error or behavior ?

No, unfortunately not. But since then I abandoned Windows Media Player for FLV files and got implemented another one on my website:

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player

This works fine and can even do captions/subtitles. The explanation was not that great, but eventually I figured out, what I needed.

So about WMP it's still a mystery, but I guess, it's not worth pursuing, because it wasn't compatible even, when it worked, with Apple computers' browser, because once I tried it on an iPhone and while YouTube's FLV movies (Adobe Flash-based) appeared fine, my FLV movies (WMP-based at that time) just showed a black screen with no life sign at all.

I just noticed on the Internet that many other people also experienced a sudden stop-working phenomenon, so I thought, I'd ask around somebody more experienced, than I am. But if it still remains a mystery (there were no error messages, so apparently no reason to stop working), then it's not worth it, I think.

Anyway, thank you for your reply!