Need help transferring video to computer

I am new to this site and need help with a particular model of camcorder and how do I download a video?

we are here to help, but i need some more info. What type of camera, computer, and software?
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I have a Sony Digital Video recorder DCR trv 120/trv 320.

I have a HP Computer pavillion a510n

I have some software I guess the most noticeable is Canon Software.

Is it easier to download a small video off my digital camera than a video recorder?

I have never tried it so maybe I should. I just want to download some video of my son hitting a baseball.

As far as I remember your camcorder is a Hi8/Digital 8 machine and I really don't remember if those early Sony models have an iLink connection????

If they do then check if your computer has a firewire card and you can then capture via a suitable program (You don't say if it's Mac or PC but if it's PC then Windows MovieMaker will do the job and it's already installed!!)

Some more details of the above might be useful

Hope we have started to help

Chris

It does have a ilink and is hi8/dig 8, the firewire thing I will have to look in to. It is not a Mac it is a PC. The manual does not give me much help I must say

Hi ETG75

ILink is actually firewire so you should have a cable from the cammy to your computer and you need a firewire card in your computer if it hasn't got one!! If not they are cheap!! Just ask for an IEEE 1394 card and then you can use something simple like Windows MovieMaker to capture your video.
    I run Panasonic and use their dedicated capture software but I'm not sure if Sony supply something similar..however MovieMaker will work as long as you have the card.

Chris