Baja

Equipment - camcorder

What camcorder would you recommend for recording occasional videos like weddings, real estate , corporate movies, universaries etc.? I plan to record and edit the videos myself.
    Is there a software for video editing that you would recommend? (I use Ulead Studio 11 for my hobby videos)
    A computer system (Mac or PC windows)?
    (I am thinking about doing videography for different occasions)
    Baja

Hi Baja
    You don't really need to go HD yet (unless you can afford it) so any good Prosumer camera is fine!! I'm a Panny Fan so I favour the DXV100/102 cameras. However a Sony PD150/170 is good too for general work.
    You don't want to spend too much so rather buy a used machine first and you should find something in the $2000 range quite adequate and adaptable.

A standard PC is also all you will need for SD video...I edit complex video for Real estate on a P4 2.4GB with only 512Mb memory and Vegas 7
    If you decide to go HD then you will need a serious machine!! At least Dual Core 3Gb and around 2Gb memory and some VERY large drives!!!

Just remember than not many people have an HD TV and a Bluray DVD player so more often than not SD widescreen is as technical as you need to get unless you have at least $10,000 spare!!!

Chris

A roll would need to be something similar to the Canon XH G1 or at least the XH A1, B roll could be the Canon HV20. But you will need at least 2 cameras and very close to $10K as Chris has said.

That doesn't include Softare, DVDs, a good video editing computer (mine cost over $3000 6 months ago), DVD Authoring software, maybe some effects software, Photo Editing Software, all of which can easily cost another $10K. If it was cheap and easy everyone would be doing it