Streaming wmv-files with Windows Media Player

We took the code for http streaming of wmv-files with Windows Media Player from this nice website. Everything works perfectly, except that the streaming doesn't seem to work for people using Firefox. Has anybody got a clou why that is and if there is a solution to it?

Blog Entries
    Most likely a problem with the <embed> part of the code. Can you show us the URL?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Yes, I could. But it's quite simple, you can take any file and try to stream it with Firefox. Only a black screen appears. It looks as if the file is first downloaded completely before it starts to play.

If it helps: the URL is www.mabe-ltd.com (an adult homepage). There is a test-film which can show you the problem.

Blog Entries
    Ahh, I see why you were hesitant to show the URL.

The first time I opened to the page I got the same symptoms you describe, but since then I haven't been able to replicate it. I've cleared my cache but now it always loads and plays fine. Sorry, I'm not sure what happened.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

We are not reluctant to show you the URL. But our files are protected content normally and the test film does not show you too much of the problem. We have now arranged you a test account (username: test, password: test, open till the end of March), so you can check better. There must be something still going wrong when using Firefox, we got some complaints. Thank you in advance.