emailing video from Camera to someone?

When I try to send a video from my camera that I uploaded to the computer through email it gets rejected because it is too big. Is there any free program or way to "compress" the video so that it will send?

Thanks...
    Frustrated,
    Faith

Different ISPs will allow different size maximum files to go through email. Is it being rejected by your provider or the recipient's provider? Do you know what the maximum file size you can send is? Do you know what the maximum file size the person receiving the file can receive?

How big is the file now and how many minutes long is it?\
    What format is the file you are trying to send, .avi, .mov, .mpeg, ...?

There are many conversion programs that can make the file smaller, probably the easiest and cheapest is Windows Movie Maker. It is already on your computer if you are using a PC and it will import many different formats.

There are other free tools as well, mpegstreamclip, virtualdub, virtualdubmod,...
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Good advice there from Chuck!!
    The easiest would be to use Windows Movie Maker of course because it's already on your computer but why email???
    It would be far easier to create a free account at www.youtube.com
    and then upload your video there and then simply email the link to your friends. I think the limit is still 100mb and the chances of emailing any video larger than about 3 or 4 mb from any isp is doubtful.

The YouTube way is much easier...I also use Metacafe to upload videos that I want the masses to see!!! Also free and they might even pay you if you get enough views!!!

Chris

Johnson Nguyen
    Hey Chris I had a follow up question. Is there anyway if I wanted to just have my videos privately viewed by my colleagues on youtube? Is that possible? I know it's more known ot be a public site but in some cases I'd like a little more seclusion.

If you want to set up private viewing you need to use a site other than YouTube, Vimeo and Muvipix are two sites that have private albums you can set up for viewing images and video.

So Johnson, what relationship do you have with Pinnacle?
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

there are also some uploader sites that will let you use like an FTP site.

****this may have NWS images on it****
    www.megaupload.com

works well. there was an issue with the advertising, and i am not sure if they have fixed it.

also you could try

www.yousendit.com.

also you can try to convert your footage into another type of file. what type of file does it come off the camera in?
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I would downsize it with the editing software available. Unless you are using a software like Adobe Premier Elements (I can vaguely recall) where it's not a full version and can only allow you to output on mpg2 or mov I think. Most basic, just grab your windows movie maker/iMovie depending on your platform.

Just note that your videos must be below 10 min on youtube. So it has a certain limit, unless you want to break it up.. have not tried that option. Otherwise, what kaw has suggested will suffice. I use yousendit.

We've said enough. Your thoughts please.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Premiere Elements will export in over 12 formats and has advanced features for changing the settings like bitrate and audio. The best formats for exporting with Premiere Elements would be H264 or FLV

Quote: Chuck Engels
    View Post
    Premiere Elements will export in over 12 formats and has advanced features for changing the settings like bitrate and audio. The best formats for exporting with Premiere Elements would be H264 or FLV

true....i personaly like H164, but FLV is good too, just FCP HD Studio1 does not like it too good, i hear HD Studio 2 has fixed this problem
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!