Load popping sound

Hi,
    I'm new at this. I am just starting doing karaoke d-jaying for fun for my club. We bought a behringer power mixer pmp5000, a set of 800watt behringer speaker (b1220pro) and a wmspro wireless microphone (dual mic). recently I heard this loud popping sound coming from the speaker. The first time I thought it was just the outdoor setting because we were out on a picnic ground and the wind was quite strong. But again in a close area yesterday the poping sound came back. Can it be the microphone? I've changed a new battery for one of them as it pop the channel on the microphonr lit up.
    cheers
    ali8
    Last edited by ali8; 9th Mar 2008 at 02:58. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote: ali8
    View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new at this. I am just starting doing karaoke d-jaying for fun for my club. We bought a behringer power mixer pmp5000, a set of 800watt behringer speaker (b1220pro) and a wmspro wireless microphone (dual mic). recently I heard this loud popping sound coming from the speaker. The first time I thought it was just the outdoor setting because we were out on a picnic ground and the wind was quite strong. But again in a close area yesterday the poping sound came back. Can it be the microphone? I've changed a new battery for one of them as it pop the channel on the microphonr lit up.
    cheers
    ali8
    I need mor info. Is there a cirton time this happens? Or does this happen at random times?
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

Quote: ivan
    View Post
    I need mor info. Is there a cirton time this happens? Or does this happen at random times?
    This happens in random. the second week it happens. Will do again next saturday and see what happen.
    thanks ivan

Quote: ali8
    View Post
    Hi,
    cheers
    ali8
    Make sure the battery in the microphone is tight, alot of times if it is loose that temporary loss of power would cause that. If not check the cable from the reciever to the mixer and make sure that is sound. also if the microphone is frequency agile change what channel you are using.

Quote: peter miller
    View Post
    Make sure the battery in the microphone is tight, alot of times if it is loose that temporary loss of power would cause that. If not check the cable from the reciever to the mixer and make sure that is sound. also if the microphone is frequency agile change what channel you are using.
    I shall keep an eye on it.
    thanks a lot. Will let you know the outcome.
    ali8

Quote: peter miller
    View Post
    +1 on this, first you need to figure out if the popping is in the mic, the receiver, or the cable.. It could even be in the mixer somewhere, so start by checking out the mic first and if the batteries are loose, fix that and see if the popping goes away... if the mic takes AA batteries you may need to gently pull the spring that holds the flat end of the battery and makes its electronic connection... (believe it or not I had to do this to some $1800 handheld transmitters last week...)

Best of luck, I'll check back to see how it goes for you.

Hi,
    done my gig last night. Put 2 new batteries in my wireless mics. Make sure that the compartment are tight and secure. Check all my connections and cables are not loose. And the loud poping sound did not appear at all.
    I bet it's the batteries being nearing to it's life span, I put a new rechargeable batteries and it really sit snugged in the compartment because it is thicker than the old one.
    Thanks to you both Peter and Bassred
    Ali8