yamaha mg 124 audio mixer and water

I was doing a live gig, and I had left my mixer with music running. When I came back, There was water all over the mixer. The only thing that seamed to be affected by the water was the main out. I was not getting the stereo output I normaly did. In order to get this, I had to turn the stereo out fader all the way up.
    Is there something I can do to fix this? Or do I have to get a new mixer?
    Remember, I am talking about the yamaha mg 124 cx audio mixer.
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

you probably have a problem with the op amps for the main fader or the ic's after the main fader or the fader itself. just a question? where did the water come from? and are u sure its not a mixed drink?

Quote: peter miller
    View Post
    you probably have a problem with the op amps for the main fader or the ic's after the main fader or the fader itself. just a question? where did the water come from? and are u sure its not a mixed drink?
    Well i am not sure if it was a mixed drink or if it was just water, does it make a difference?
    I have no idea where the drink came from. I left, and when I came back, the thing was wet.
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

usually if its just water and not too much of it mind you, if allowed to dry may not do any damage but is never good. If it was soda or liquor, or beer, the sugars in the drink will corrode the circuit board and gets under the pc mount ic's and eats them away. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done at that point as you replace damaged parts others will fail and it compromises the reliablity of ther piece. I see this every day. I would at least take it apart and see if there is any residue and if its just water there may be some inside the unit still that you can get out and let dry, then find the board that has the main output and find what compromised it.

Quote: peter miller
    View Post
    usually if its just water and not too much of it mind you, if allowed to dry may not do any damage but is never good. If it was soda or liquor, or beer, the sugars in the drink will corrode the circuit board and gets under the pc mount ic's and eats them away. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done at that point as you replace damaged parts others will fail and it compromises the reliablity of ther piece. I see this every day. I would at least take it apart and see if there is any residue and if its just water there may be some inside the unit still that you can get out and let dry, then find the board that has the main output and find what compromised it.
    Hey would I be able to cell the thing?
    Regards,