Can i DVD recorder to my PC

Hi :

1. i use adobe premiere 6.5 and i have DVD recorder (Panasonic E55)and i have DVD burner with my computer .
    2. i try take DVD (VOB file )to premiere do editing work but now i know it can not work , i need encode .
    3.If i use software do DVD to AVI i quess i need more time than Using AV (Audio-Video) Cables connect to my PC . (i think )
    4.Could u tell me how can i use DVD file in Premiere and i can do editing work , Thank you .

Blog Entries
    To import DVD files into Premiere you would need to "rip" them. This isn't something we normally cover, since it's assumed that if you own the copyright to a DVD file you would also own the original files in an editable format.

If you are going to try and rip the files into an AVI format you'll need ripping software. Again, for copyright reasons, this isn't something we normally cover. Try searching for DVD ripping software.

For the record (just in case it's not obvious already) we do not condone ripping DVD files for which you do not have copyright privileges.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Jason
    use "dvd decryptor" to rip copy protected dvd's. It's free just do a google search on it.

Blog Entries
    I've actually discovered recently that VOB files can often be imported into Premiere using a ridiculously easy method - simply change the file extension from .vob to .mpg and import it as normal. I understand that it doesn't always work but I've been using this method with great success.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com