Shooting 25-30 mins programme.

Dear Sir,
    I really appreciated your web-site, it is so useful and helpful for people like us who hardly gets courses (training) on our own profession (cameraman). Therefore, i really appreciate for further assistance in any kind, specially in the profession.
    I am a news cameraman for more then three years and now for i being placed in a production department. i am suppose to shoot documentaries and short programs.
    Very recently, i was assigned for the thirty minutes production on the topic "Day Care Center" in Bhutan, there my producers' angle of story is how the child being brought up through their daily activities right from the child's bed time in the morning till his/her day is over from the center. We will be focusing on a character for the day and will be following till it's over. However, i will be shooting:
    -indoor with different lightings
    -with different timing-color temperature (outdoor)
    -different child's expressions (male n female)
    i will be using no lightings only camera(sony-HDV but in DV formate) also very soon i will be shooting for grown up school going children's to create the difference in between their child hood and at the grown up stage.
    So,i request any one of yours' suggestions and guidance further and will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you.

camantenzi.
    bbsc, Thimphu.
    Last edited by camantenzi; 11th Apr 2008 at 08:55. Reason: missed some points.

Hi Camantenzi

Sounds an interesting project. I would basically concentrate on the mother as she attends to her child's needs during the day. Good audio will be important here as more than likely you will be using a fair amount of the mother's daily dialogue with the occasional narration voiceover for clarification. Just simply liase with the mother and ask her to give you a running commentary on what she is doing with the child during the day, bathing, meals, playing etc etc.
    Although the mother will be giving the commentary you obviously still need to have most of the footage of the child but OSS from behind the mother will work nicely
    You will need some drastic time compression to get 8 hours into 30 mins so keep to the interesting activities!!

I'm sure others will add more for you

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisHarding; 11th Apr 2008 at 08:56. Reason: extra sentence

Thanking you Mr.ChrisHarding.

Sir,
    i really appreciate your quick suggestion and it's helpful for my project. On the top i would like to give some more information on how the Day care center is done in our country.
    Actually, here in our country parents take their
    two to three years old child to a center and will be kept there fore five ti six hours. Child will be take care by there teachers at center right from cleaning, playing games and the food which is been send by their parents.
    They have the classes like KG, nursery, etc before the are able to attend their Government school.With this regard, i feel if i could have proper shooting plan for different situation as i have posted before.
    i am proud have such suggestion from professional people like you.

thanks a lot.

Blog Entries
    Quote: camantenzi
    View Post
    However, i will be shooting:
    -indoor with different lightings
    -with different timing-color temperature (outdoor)
    Hello camantenzi,
    In regards to your technical situation, as you may continue with different lighting situation, try to do your white balances as best as possible AND include in your recording a colorbar/grey scale chart. The editor will not be too sure how to grade the scene but with a reference chart, he will know what the correct colors are in that particular scene.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Thanks alot

Dear SC358,
    Thanks for the suggestions, i really appreciate ur help.
    i'll be looking ahead with ur assistance in the futer too.

camantenzi.