Recording audio & video

This is my first posting: I'm planning to create a music instructional video.
    Right now I have a Panasonic DV camcorder from 10 years ago,s-video out/analog audio out, firewire. I was advised to only use the firewire to my PC. At this point I ONLY want to shoot the video & have a pro edit the footage. I want the simplest procedure & best quality I can get. The audio is probably going to be 1 to 3 mics going into a mixer. I'm totally in the dark about where I should record to: the PC ? to the tape in the camera ?
    I guess it depends on the needs of the person editing my work ?
    I don't understand how to combine the audio from a mixer & the video from the camera. Will I get acceptable results if the mixer is sent into the mic input of the camera ? ( then I can avoid using the PC at all for storage ) I know there are 2 firewire inputs in my DELL PC. I considered buying a camcorder with a HDD so I can easily drag & drop the video files to wherever. If I do use the camera firewire connected to my PC, how do I connect the mixer output to my PC ? Composite cables ? What if I had a mixer with firewire out ? Do I end up with the camera audio AND the audio thru my mixer ? I'm totally lost. THANX.

1) Use a clap-board to ensure sync.
    2) Burn tape the entire time
    3) Recording the audio in the camera with the video is a nice way to make sure the audio isn't lost.
    4) Make sure you allow for pre- and post-roll when you record, especially since your audio system runs through more devices than your video.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

I'm brain dead.......

[....if the audio from the mixer goes into the camera whether a mic input or composite audio input, will the audio & video be in sync ?

If the audio mixer out goes to a PC & the video output goes to the PC, they're not in sync ?

I also got the impression that the video footage would be better on tape than a hard drive in the camera...because the video is compressed on the hard drive ?

I guess a pro camera with 2 XLR inputs for audio would solve the problem.....how close can I get with a consmer unit...if I can find one with composite audio inputs ?

What choices do I have for a camcorder with audio inputs ?

Thanx.