new here and have an advanced question

ok ive ben playing around with video for the past couple of years basically making home videos and dvd's...what im wanting to do is have a regular video of anything lets say ...and then have another video of me lets say walking along the bottom of the screen of the main video saying random stupid shit...am i looking at hardware/software improvements to do this? right now im using roxio easy media creator and have vegas pro 8.0 but really havnt played with it yet? anyone have a finger they use to point me in the right direction?

Hi LaserBoy
    Very simple actually.
    Put your normal video on a track in Vegas. Then create a new clip against a green screen of you walking and talking and add that track ABOVE the normal video track. Click the VFX icon at the end of the clip and select the Sony Chromakey plugin and then select the "Pure Green Preset" and you will find that your new clip will put you (minus the green background) on top of your normal video (but covering the entire clip)
    Click the track motion icon for this new track and then resize and position your new clip so you walk along the bottom of the screen. You will obviously have to either drop or mute any audio from the normal video so your new audio of you takes preference.

Normal rules apply for green screen use. Light it very evenly and try to stretch the green fabric over a frame so an even smooth surface is presented to the camera. For fabric so to the local store and find the brightest green fabric you can find and make sure the screen is wide enough to go above your head and down to the floor also allowing some to walk on.

you are the man chris!...you dont know how much you helped me thanks for the straight forward info..i'd buy you a beer if i could! lol thanks again man.