horizontal lines on the video-HELP

people please help..
    how to get rid of the horizontal lines.i use PAL DV format n my playback quality is set to dynamic and im viewing the canvas at 100% scale ...i don't know why ther r glitchy horizontal lines on the video when playing the project on canvas that look very distracting especially when the objects move it looks very obvious..i tried to export it as a quick movie,watch on tv,,but still give the same result..

is ther any special filter to get rid of it..?
    what is the problem??why did that happen?
    how do i solve that?

thanks
    Last edited by psycho29kr; 19th Apr 2008 at 09:52.

Hi
    We probably need a few more details!! Are you talking about your captured footage as a DV-AVI file or in your editor. Start by viewing the original tape in the camera and see if it's OK. Then capture your footage and check that.
    Once you know where the fault is orginated then you can do something about it. It's easy to say "the camera heads are dirty" but we do need to know where the fault first appears

Chris

HI thanks a lot for replying..well i was talking about the editing process..i viewed the original tape in the camera n it looks fine, i got this trouble after i captured the footage.i captured it many times but still got the same result.i tried to change the capture settings to something else but it didnt work either.

i've been using my DV camera that support PAL formats a lot of times never gives me this problem..
    all settings have been always set to PAL

i finaly figured out how to get rid of it,,i just need to add the de-interlace filter in Final cut pro6 on the video and thanks to GOD it works..

but im still confused why cud that horizontal lines appear?

Hi
    You are presumably using firewire to connect the camera to the computer via a firewire card??? It WILL capture the footage as a DV-AVI file which will be interlaced unless you are shooting in progressive mode 25fps.

I did a capture just the other day and my clip was full of blue rectangles which turned out to be corrupt data caused by a poor firewire cable or plug. Try unplugging the cable and putting it into another firewire port and the problem may just vanish!!!

If you watch any interlaced video on a computer monitor normally the interlacing shows as "jagged lines" on most vertical surfaces. By de-interlacing the clip it will look fine on your monitor but not very good on a TV !!!! The rule is de-interlace only it you are doing online web video or clips that will be only watched on a computer.

Render a short section of the original clip and then see what it looks like on a TV!!

Chris

You should try to re-conversion video with filter de-Interlace.

I think you have Intrelece video, and therefore during playback there is such effect :-(

I for this purpose use VideoCharge, try too

Yes, Chris is correct! Good on computer monitor, frightening on TV...

- victim of the de-interlace 'conspiracy'
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore