Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Writers Wanted For New Blog

I'm considering starting up a blog for MediaCollege.com. These days a lot of web users are looking for blogs and subscription options so I think we need to offer something more than the forum feeds. In the past I've tried things like writing a newsletter but I'm useless at keeping them going regularly.

What I propose to do is to hire one or more writers to contribute to a blog. The blog would be split into several topics (video, audio, photography, etc), most likely with different writers posting about their field of expertise. The content would cover various aspects: Tips & tricks, personal experiences, industry news & commentary, etc.

I can't afford a lot of money for this at the moment so I'm only looking for a few posts per week. If it goes well I can increase the budget later.

Now here's the thing.... The writing needs to be top quality, similar to what you'd expect in a decent magazine. I'll be looking for original content and well-presented ideas, with close attention to spelling and grammar.

The writer(s) will need to take ownership of the blog to some degree. Although I do intend contributing occasionally myself, I want writers to come up with all their content unsupervised. In other words I won't be supplying a list of required post topics - it will be up to the writer to think of things to write about.

I have spoken to a few writers already and it looks like $5-$10 USD per post is considered a fair price. I'm very negotiable on this - I'll pay more if the quality and/or length warrants it.

If you have any comments or questions, post a reply here. If you're interested in becoming a writer, please email me at 2006 at mediacollege dot com with a copy of your resume and/or writing samples (if possible).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave,

I would be interested in participating in the Blog. Pleased keep me informed
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

That's an exciting idea Dave!

I have been doing a little more traveling of late and will be in China for a week of shoot (photography and video) in a couple of days' time. If you are think travelogues (inclusive of stories, intro to places, some tips on photography) is something you consider viable, I might be able to come up with something simple, nothing too flashy or fantastic.I don't think I have any kind of writings to submit, so Ill just settle for the above-mentioned if you're agreeable. If they don't make the mark, just let me know. No grudges from me, I'm no writer! I'll put it up on my flickr or something.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, I'd be happy to get stuff from both of you. I'll PM you in due course.

nagar, I think what you describe would be great.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

sounds great dave.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Hi guys,

As usual, this is me getting online (while something official is going on) and just popping by to say 'Hi' to everyone! So far, due to work, I've not been taking too many pictures. But I'll see what I can do with whatever time remains for the rest of my trip.

Good night from China!
    Loong . Singapore

Blog Entries
    Sorry I haven't got back to you guys about this yet, I'll try to send some PMs later today. The blog has been neglected while I was sidetracked with some other stuff that came up (and of course the forum upgrade).

Nagar, how did the rest of your trip go? If you're keen, maybe you could try uploading some photos to an album in your profile? I certainly think stories and photos of members in their work would be a great thing to have here and I'd be happy to mention them in the blog.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi Dave, I'm sorry but I seem to be having problems figuring out the blog... you can take a peek at what I've 'attempted' so far... apologies for being a blog dummy! :P

Any way for the upload of videos? I'd like to do up a simple video as a demo of what I was describing in the China Series.

So many exciting things to do, so little time... haha
    Last edited by nagar; 6th May 2008 at 02:32. Reason: update!
    Loong . Singapore

Blog Entries
    At the moment blog posting is restricted to me, so if anyone wants to post a blog entry you'll have to send it to me by PM and I'll post it on your behalf (let me know if you need me to approve you for PMs).

I'm waiting for another software upgrade to make this whole thing a bit easier.

At the moment there is no mechanism for uploading video but it's on the to-do list.

Nagar, I've had a look at what you've done and it looks good. I could possibly just post a blog entry pointing to your gallery/comments. If you have some video that you think would be good for a blog post let me know and I might be able to add it manually.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Alright Dave, I'll just keep adding to the albums as and when I can until the programming and stuff for the blog/video uploading is ready.

Do post if there's any particular 'lesson' that you think would be useful to the folks at MC. Perhaps there'll be others who would like to pick them up to work on them... I think it'll be a pretty good first step.

Cheerio!
    Loong . Singapore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast