New Larger Drive, Move project

Aloha

Using Adobe Premier 2.0. I just added a new larger drive to system. How do I move project over.

I did use folder Idea from before, but when I copied that to new drive Adobe had fits. could not find render files, less than full project seemed to move to new drive.

I understand a lot of you like Adobe but I am feeling like it is a hole to burn money in.

Hi there, Eric.

I am not sure if I understand everything you wrote, but I'll just make rusty attempt for now (off my fading gray matter). Premiere is consistent in the way they allow the users to dictate where they want their workfiles to be stored. 'rendered' files are usually on another folder, depending where you have set it when you captured your rushes (under Device Control).

Premiere is considered a little more premium, but if you use it for commissioned projects, it gives great outputs (formats and quality) and exceptional integration with the other programs (eg After Effects and P.shop).

Just a last note, I would not usually move a project that has 'work in progress' attached to it. Unless I have no choice, otherwise I'll finish it and from then begin other projects on the new drive.

Let us know if it helps or if I've mistaken the issue. Others would be able to help too.

Regards.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

I don't really use any Adobe stuff but it might be worth seeing if your NLE has similar facilities to Vegas... With Vegas I can save just the project file itself OR I can ask the software to also take all the media I have used and save it to the same location as the project file so they are "all together"

Premiere surely has a "Save As" option so you can make a "new" project from an existing one and just replace bits and pieces of the content????

If so, surely you can save the existing project (once loaded) with a new project name on your new drive????

Chris

Mahalo

Thanks guys you gave me enough to find the rest. The project is moved. Now if I can get it finished.

New question about Vegas. Will It import my Premier Pro 2.o project? I am tired of Adobe difficulties. But then how good is Vegas? I want a high end Program that lets me be artistic, not a programmer.

Mahalo and Aloha
    Eric

Hi Eric
    I started with Vegas 4 and now use Vegas 7.0 (although 8 is out)
    I find that it allows your artistic ability to flow without having to "fight" the software...everything is logical!!!
    I doubt whether it will import an Adobe project as it looks for a "veg" file but you can simply create a new project and just import the clips!!

I have tried both Premiere and Vegas and I just love Vegas...others of course have the complete opposite view!!! Download a trial version and play with it and then decide.

Chris

Apologies to Chris, I just do not have the time to play around with Vegas, as I am still fumbling with FCP! haha... but my heart's with Premiere as I began with it after having worked with AVID.

Eric, different people take to the different NLE's like different breeds of fish to different kinds of water. Whether it be Vegas or Premiere, the considerations ought to be ease of use (according to user), stability of the program, the industry standard (esp if it is your bread and butter, and this includes the range of formats it takes in and outputs). Give yourself time to try them, not when you are rushing for assignments. Too risky!

Download a trial version and play with it and then decide.
    Do it, says Starsky. Or was it Hutch?

Just remember creativity lies between the keyboard and the seat...
    Loong . Singapore

Quote: nagar
    View Post

Just remember creativity lies between the keyboard and the seat...
    Mahalo

I like that comment, May I us it often?

Aloha
    Eric

Sure thing, my friend.

It's a common dig from my colleagues at the IT support department to whoever bringing laptops/devices to them, lamenting, 'I just turned it on and it's like this!'.
    Loong . Singapore