Streaming video via webcam

Can anyone tell me,is it possible to stream a live video via webcam and then capture that live video in a server or anything and then stream that video to different users simultaneously....

Quote: maniviswa
    View Post
    Can anyone tell me,is it possible to stream a live video via webcam and then capture that live video in a server or anything and then stream that video to different users simultaneously....
    yes it's possible. You will need an encoder (program converting your webcam to digital video) and a streaming server (or content delivery network) which will send that video to other users.

- Encoder: Google for flash media encoder, real producer or windows media encoder

- Streaming server: red5 is free flash streaming server, others you have to pay for

- What you should research is CDN (content delivery network). Some charge per traffic and enable good delivery worldwide. You just send video from your encoder to them instead to your streaming server then, and they take care of the rest (and take money for it).

- Youtube recently announced unofficially that it will enable live streaming, so if you just need this for personal amusement you might wait for that, I think there will be a lot of services like this coming for free in the days to come.