video to web page

hello,
    I have a web page divided into frames. after the user pushes the button in the same page other frame must appear and play a video file. I have no experience at it and would be grateful for any suggestions:what file format would be the best, how assosiate button with video, etc
    Thank you

Re: video to web page

It's been awhile since I messed with imbedding video in a webpage. I'd suggest compressing to WMV, to get good quality for bandwidth usage (even with broadband, video is still a bandwidth hog). Try plugging "imbed WMV" into google, and I'm sure you'll find some sites that can show you how to do it.

Is wmv format better then mpg? Comparing size, yes, is there something else? My task is that user, who visits website would have to install as possible less plug-ins. So if importing windows media player to website which plays .wmv files ,the user would have to have only windows media player instlled. Or there is something else?

Blog Entries

Hi Ike, you might like to have a look at our Streaming Video Tutorials for a few tips and opinions.

There are several formats you could use. I generally recommend Flash Video but in your case it might not be the best option. It's a bit more difficult to learn how to get started with Flash and it can also be more expensive. (On the other hand, if you're willing to make the effort, it's fantastic.)

In your case I'd agree with rmw and suggest you look at Windows Media. While I'm not a big fan of the format it is a practical option. In any case it's good to know how Windows Media works. The end user only needs to have Windows Media Player installed.

As for associating the button, there are a few ways to do that. It would help to see the URL so we can get a better idea of what you need to do. One way would be to make an image for the button then make it simple hyperlink with the video frame as the target, e.g. <a href="videopage.html" target="videoframe">Watch Video</a>. The video page would have the frame name "videoframe", e.g. <frame src="videopage.html" name="videoframe">. You'd have to make the video play automatically when that page loads.

It's hard to say which format is "best". To be honest, for most practical purposes I think the main formats all perform fairly similarly. I would be more concerned about which format you can work with most productively and economically.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I think you can convert your video to flash, and then get them on your site. here I suggest you use Flash Video MX.

Good luck!

Quote: gooogle
    View Post
    I think you can convert your video to flash, and then get them on your site. here I suggest you use Flash Video MX.

Good luck!
    this is sh*t prog, i prefer to use Video to Flash Converter

p.s. damn just detected that this topic too old...=(((

I also use Video To Flash Converter! & advice it to all!!!

What I can't understand is that a lot of the posts on this forum are based around adding streaming video to webpages. I have searched and tried many differnet demo's and try-outs but all the softwares were very disapointing because of the technical skills needed and pricing.
    I hope that anyone reading this post looking for software for converting and adding their own raw videos into their Wordpress or webpages at least takes a look at this site: [edit: link removed]

Save yourself a lot of hassle and costs by getting this or at least download their Free flv converter and get a taste of how easy this software works.

If anyone requires more information about this sofware then feel free to PM me or post to this forum and I will be hap;py to answer all your questions.

I certainly hope this post is helpful to all looking for a solution to adding their videos to their sites.

Imarketed

P.S. Please excuse any English mistakes

I bought this software a couple of months ago and it's the best buy I've ever made. It's not too expensive and the results are astonishing. Great program!

I prefer Video To Flash Converter because it converts very quickly without any problem.... & it's also not expensive...