Chapters with MPEG_Streamclip

Hello to all,
    I donwloaded MPEG_Streamclip to convert my DVD videos (The ones filmed with my Cannon DC100) into DV-AVI for editing. The problem I have is that that MPEG_Streamclip export as a 20 minute file. I would like to mantain the original chapters (smaller clips ) as showed on the DVD.

Is this possible, without going into the editing part of MPEG_Streamclip?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I guess is a lost cause?
    Can someone suggest the best way to import from the DC-100 (DVD camera) to edit in PE4?

Hi
    Regretably DVD camcorders are designed for "shoot 'n watch" people so editing vob DVD files is going to mean that you will lose resolution.
    There are, however, plenty of packages out there that will rip VOB files BUT if the camera has decided that the "split" is 20 minutes of video then you are stuck with a media file of 20 minutes. Most software will only create one file per VOB file and disregard "chapters" It will be up to you to cut up the ripped file in your editor. I have done a rip from a cammy DVD once and I think I found that Virtual Dub was the best.

Chris

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's always going to be an uphill battle trying to edit DVD footage. If at all possible, and especially if you're going to be doing a lot of editing, you might want to consider getting a more edit-friendly camera. Some people get upset when I suggest that but IMO it saves you so much time and grief it's worth the investment (if you do a lot of editing).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com